What Should You Do to Keep Your Carpets Clean?
People are becoming more conscious about their cleaning habits. Occasional cleaning is no longer a reliable option for property owners. Besides day-to-day cleaning, you also need to focus on keeping your carpets and upholstery clean and sanitized. There’s more to carpet cleaning than just vacuuming and dusting. Check out our top 3 tips to keep your carpets clean.
Top 3 Carpet Cleaning Tips that You Should Know
Use Appropriate Cleaning Products
Carpets are made of delicate microfibres that trap dirt, dust, and odor. You need a high-quality cleaning solution to clean them thoroughly. To ensure that you choose the best cleaning product for your carpet cleaning needs, be sure to follow these steps:
- Choose a carpet cleaning product that is safe for the home especially for children and pets. If you want, you can use green and natural cleaning products as they are eco-friendly, cost-effective, and safe to use.
- Avoid any cleaning solutions that contain bleach, as they can discolor your carpet and often leave behind an unpleasant odor.
- Don’t confuse carpet cleaning solutions with area rug cleaners. What works for your area rug may not work for your carpet.
Clean High-Traffic Areas First
Carpets typically get the highest wear and tear in high-traffic areas. Hence, while cleaning, you should focus more on those areas. It helps to vacuum and treat any stains immediately to keep your carpet in pristine condition. Here are a few tips for cleaning high-traffic areas:
- Vacuum the high-traffic areas at least once in three days carefully.
- You can use soil retardants on high-traffic areas of the carpets to provide a layer of protection and reduce the soil and stain build-up on them.
Don’t Forget to Sanitize Your Carpet
According to a study, bacteria can survive on various surfaces including carpets, for 3-4 days. Thankfully carpet cleaners in Manhattan Beach are equipped to perform specialized cleaning procedures such as hot water extraction and steam cleaning to eliminate the bacteria. If you want to sanitize your carpets at home or office, you can use a mixture of warm water, vinegar, and dish soap to lightly spray on persistent stains and scrub away the dirt.
The Best Carpet Cleaning Practice: For removing persistent stains and deep-slated mud, you can use carpet powder and shampoo.
The Best Carpet Cleaning Practice: Don’t rub on a carpet stain. Instead, blot it lightly, and use a white towel for treating it without damaging the fabric.
The Best Carpet Cleaning Practice: To ensure that your carpet is dirt and dust-free, you can wash it once every three months by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Why Should You Hire a Professional Carpet Cleaner?
While the beautiful Manhattan Beach is a peaceful place to live in, it doesn’t offer its residents much protection against dust and wind. Carpet cleaners in Manhattan Beach are trained professionally to clean your carpets and upholstery and disinfect them with the highest quality cleaning products. Besides convenience and hassle-free experience, read on to know why you should hire carpet cleaners for your home and office.
- Restrict the growth of mold
Moisture can cause mold growth that can prove harmful to your health. Getting your carpets cleaned by professionals can prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
- Remove odors
Professionals use specialized carpet cleaners, advanced equipment, and the best carpet cleaning methods such as advanced steam cleaning procedure to remove odor, bacteria, and stains from the carpet efficiently.
- Keep you safe: Perhaps the biggest benefit of hiring carpet cleaners is because it not only helps to preserve the life of your carpet but also keeps you protected from different pollutants. DIY carpet cleaning may remove dust and dirt from your carpet. However, for deep-cleaning, hiring professionals is the right choice.
Protect Your Carpets with Our Carpet Cleaners in Manhattan Beach
At Karma Carpet Cleaning, we use only the latest technology equipment and the best carpet cleaning procedures at affordable rates. Whatever your carpet cleaning needs are, we will come up with an effective solution to achieve the desired results.
Get a free quote by calling us at 310-853-3597 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more inquiries about our services including, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, area rug cleaning, and disinfection services at Manhattan Beach.